Appraising commercial real estate requires a higher standard of certification and additional analysis in the appraisal report. This session will provide an in-depth discussion of the key areas and differences you’ll find in appraisals for business purpose loans. You’ll also gain some important tips for managing the appraisal review process and controls within your program.
Specific topics for this session include:
- When is it appropriate to order a commercial real estate appraisal
- NCUA Regulation Part 722 Appraisals
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Appraiser certification and your credit unions due diligence
- Different types of appraisals and valuation approaches
Suggested audience: Management, business loan officers, and credit committee members.
Length: 30 minutes