CUBG’s most requested business lending course in an engaging virtual format!
This guided course delivers a comprehensive look at credit union business lending.
Through engaging videos, hands-on case studies, and two live class meetings, you’ll gain skills and knowledge that can be quickly and easily applied at your credit union.
We’ll cover topics that will help you succeed in today’s dynamic and competitive business lending marketplace, including:
- MBL and commercial lending rules, best practices, and NCUA and State regulations
- Quickly and accurately screening and evaluating loan requests
- Strategies for analyzing business financial data, including an overview of business tax returns and financial statements
- Evaluating and accurately measuring business cash flow and repayment ability
- Tips on analyzing personal financial data and evaluating guarantors
- Creating high quality credit presentations or approval memos
- Collateral valuation and analysis for both real estate and C&I loans
- Developing a loan proposal, using loan covenants, and turning approved loans into closed loans
- Loan closing procedures, commercial loan documentation, liens and legal issues
- Properly monitoring and servicing business loans including annual risk reviews and collections
For questions or additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees will receive access to the Bootcamp course modules for the month of the course and can move through the modules at their own pace, then engage with the course instructor and other attendees during the live case study and Q&A sessions.
The Bootcamp course includes:
- Engaging educational videos designed to easily fit into your schedule
- Handouts, templates, and worksheets reviewed over the course videos
- Live case studies and Q&A – two live virtual sessions with the course instructor and other attendees for hands-on case study examples and general discussion about the course materials (will be recorded and made available – see “additional details” tab for dates)
Who Should Attend:
Loan committee and board members, credit union staff new to commercial lending, experienced commercial lenders, bankers new to credit unions, internal auditors, branch managers, and anyone looking to sharpen their business lending skills and become a more effective lender.
Cancellations by the registrant within 30 days of the session will be charged a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations by the registrant within 7 days of the session will be charged 50% of the normal fee.
Educational materials are proprietary and will only be provided to course attendees for the duration of the course.