Who Should Attend:
Credit union staff new to commercial lending, experienced commercial lenders and bankers new to credit unions, loan committee and Board members, internal auditors, branch managers and anyone else looking to sharpen their business lending skills and become a more effective lender.
This fast paced two-day course delivers a comprehensive look at credit union business lending. Learn the keys to success from experienced commercial banking and credit union experts!
Using in-depth case studies and hands on learning, you’ll gain skills and knowledge that can be quickly and easily applied at your credit union. We’ll cover topics that will help you succeed in today’s dynamic and competitive business lending marketplace, including:
- MBL and commercial lending rules, best practices, and NCUA and State regulations
- Quickly and accurately screening and evaluating loan requests
- Strategies for analyzing business financial data, including an overview of business tax returns and financial statements
- Evaluating and accurately measuring business cash flow and repayment ability
- Properly structuring and pricing business loans
- Tips on analyzing personal financial data and evaluating guarantors
- Creating high quality credit presentations or approval memos
- Loan risk rating systems and how they can be used in approving loans and managing a portfolio
- Collateral valuation and analysis for both real estate and C&I loans
- Developing a loan proposal, using loan covenants, and turning approved loans into closed loans
- Loan closing procedures, commercial loan documentation, liens and legal issues
- Properly monitoring and servicing business loans including annual risk reviews and collections
- Building and growing your MBL program with an emphasis on sales, business development and marketing
For questions or additional information, contact us at email@example.com.
Cancellations within 30 days of the session will be charged a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations within 7 days of the session will be charged 50% of the normal fee.
Educational materials are proprietary and will only be provided to course attendees.