Who Should Attend:
Business and commercial lenders, credit analysts, business loan administrative staff, residential mortgage lenders, loan committee and board members, VPs of Lending and credit union department managers. This course will provide a solid foundation for anyone seeking to improve their commercial lending knowledge and analytical skills.
Commercial real estate loans (CRE) are a major portion of credit union business loan portfolios and provide a great opportunity for growth and profitability. This hands-on two day course provides an in-depth overview of key concepts and methods for evaluating, underwriting, and managing all types of CRE loans. Learn all about CRE lending, from marketing to the application process, underwriting, collateral valuation, loan closing, and servicing.
Topics covered include:
- NCUA and state CRE lending regulations
- The key differences between income producing and owner occupied real estate loans
- Properly underwriting CRE loans including cash flow analysis, NOI calculations, and using cap rates
- Discussion of key risk factors and mitigants and how to determine source of repayment
- Techniques and case studies for underwriting single family rentals, multi-family properties, office buildings, retail centers, industrial and warehouses, self-storage, hospitality and churches
- Loan to values, appraisals, and approaches to value
- CRE loan terms and structures, pricing and commitment letters
- Developing a high quality credit presentation
- Using loan covenants to improve your loan
- Analyzing leases, requiring estoppels, assignments of rent, and other legal considerations
- Construction and development loans
- Using projections and rent rolls to stress test CRE loans
- Site visits and environmental due diligence
- Loan closing documents and perfecting your lien
- Annual review and loan servicing considerations
- Marketing strategies for growing CRE lending
For questions or additional information, contact us at email@example.com.
Cancellations within 30 days of the session will be charged a 15% administrative fee.
Cancellations within 7 days of the session will be charged 50% of the normal fee.
Educational materials are proprietary and will only be provided to course attendees.