Duration: 65 minutes
Legal and regulatory trends are opening up new ways for credit unions to expand commercial lending into the cannabis industry
Cannabis lending is a niche market that some credit unions are now capitalizing on. There are a variety of ways a credit union can engage this unique industry for profitable lending.
Loans are typically focused on real estate for cannabis-related operations with savvy real estate investors borrowing for facilities needed to meet the growing demand for medical and recreational cannabis products.
Recorded from a live session on January 20, 2021 CUBG hosted a team of experts – the pioneers at O Bee Credit Union and nationally-recognized credit union legal counsel Geraci Law Firm – to bring you an educational webinar on the opportunities in cannabis-related business lending in 2021.
You’ll learn about:
- The current federal landscape related to cannabis
- How to get your Board and auditors comfortable with cannabis-related commercial loans
- Key considerations for underwriting these loans and best practices for mitigating risk
- Loan documentation adjustments for cannabis-related commercial loans
- Participating cannabis-related commercial loans
Suggested Audience: CEOs, loan committee and board members, experienced commercial lenders, and others.
Purchase Terms & Conditions
After the order is approved, you’ll receive an email with links to download the education materials. After you download, you will be able to save the files to your shared network and use the training for your credit union going forward.