Duration: 60 minutes
Collateral is often the secondary source of repayment on a commercial loan and knowing the current value of that collateral is a key part of assessing risk in your portfolio. Performing collateral re-valuation as part of annual or periodic reviews is also a regulatory requirement, a hot button with examiners, and an industry best practice.
In this webinar recorded from the live session on November 3, 2022 – learn about effectively revaluing real estate and assessing collateral risk on existing loans.
- Methods for re-valuation including using current market data and where to find the information
- When to consider using third-party reports, where to obtain them, how much they cost, and how to read and use them
- If and when a new appraisal or more formal valuation is required or recommended
- What regulators recommend when it comes to these re-valuations
- How to build a compliant and useful collateral analysis process for annual review
After the order is approved, you’ll receive an email with links to download the education materials. After you download, you will be able to save the files to your shared network and use the training for your credit union going forward.