Problem Loan Services
In addition to the necessary risk monitoring and follow-up on a loan, CU Business Group can also help with past due loan situations. If identified early, problem situations can often be rectified through proactive steps to re-work the loan and make necessary changes to cash flow. CUBG can assist your credit union with the following action items:
- Updating the analysis of the borrowing entity and guarantors’ financial condition
- Reviewing the collateral for an updated valuation
- Identifying options for restructuring the loan to better fit the situation
- Designing a workout plan to present to the borrower
- Advising your credit union in dealings with attorneys and other technical specialists
Managing Problem Commercial Real Estate Loans
If the situation deteriorates and the credit union is considering foreclosure or other serious remedies, CU Business Group can also provide technical consulting via its alliance with Wildwood Capital Group.
Wildwood and CUBG can evaluate a single commercial real estate asset or a group of assets. Our team will provide independent assessments of commercial real estate loans and properties to identify possible risks, determine current valuations, and create appropriate exit strategies that will maximize value. This service typically begins with an asset review, which includes an analysis and initial recommendations to achieve maximum recovery value.