CUBG’s team of experts will perform a full portfolio review on-site or remotely for your credit union. Our reviewers will select the sample of loans (typically 10-15, depending on the desired portfolio coverage) and scope of the project based on your credit union’s needs and evaluate the credit analysis and file documentation.
CUBG will review the loan with emphasis on the credit presentation and key underwriting data. Our report will be a recap of the entire project, noting the following:
- Appropriateness of loan terms and structure
- Compliance with regulations and the credit union’s business loan policy
- An assessment of the assigned risk rating
- File documentation exceptions indicating where the file is missing critical information
- Credit exceptions indicating where the underwriting has gaps, incomplete analysis, or inadequate narrative for the credit request
Reviewing overall business lending practices and department operations regularly is also critical, and CUBG can review department operations including reporting, workflow, and risk monitoring.
The deliverable is a 5-15 page report noting all exceptions and recommendations for improvement.
This review is structured as a larger project which typically takes 4-12 weeks for information gathering, on-site review, and report writing/delivery.
Pricing for this type of review will be quoted in a specific proposal to the credit union.