CUBG’s team of experts can come on-site to your credit union and perform a full portfolio review. Our reviewers will select a sample of loans (typically 10-15, depending on the desired portfolio coverage) and evaluate the underwriting, file documentation,and business loan portfolio management. The review can also be done remotely via electronic file transfer.
CUBG will review the entire loan file with emphasis on the credit presentation and key underwriting data. Our report will be a recap of the entire project, noting the following:
- Appropriateness of loan terms and structure
- Compliance with regulations and the credit union’s business loan policy
- An assessment of the assigned risk rating
- File documentation exceptions indicating where the file is missing critical information
- Credit exceptions indicating where the underwriting has gaps, incomplete analysis, or inadequate narrative for the credit request
Reviewing overall business lending practices and department operations regularly is also critical, and CUBG can review Department Operations including reporting, workflow, and risk monitoring.
The deliverable is a 5-15 page report noting all exceptions and recommendations for improvement.
This review is structured as a larger project which typically takes 4-12 weeks for information gathering, on-site review, and report writing/delivery.
Pricing for this type of review will be quoted in a specific proposal to the credit union.